Osmania University PIO fined 10,000 for failure to reply to query
Huda official delays RTI reply, fined 25,000
Officials reduce RTI Act to a farce?
Disclose bio-safety data of under-test GM mustard: CIC
Central Information Commission does away with need of hard copies for online appeals
Go to NEWS.
- CIC Decision dated 13.05.2016 on Appeal filed by Shri Gaurav Sethi Vs. University Grants Commission -The CIC, inter alia, directed respondent authority to furnish action taken report on the complaint of the appellant, and also directed PIO of Mahatma Gandhi University, Meghalaya considering him as deemed PIO to show cause why information was not provided to the appellant and why maximum penalty should not be imposed against them for non-furnishing of information, within 21 days from the date of receipt of this order. [Sections 18, 20; Action Taken Report]
- सीआईसी निर्णय दिनाकित 23.03.2016 – श्री अशोक कुमार, नन्द नगरी, दिल्ली Vs सी जी एच एस, लक्ष्मी नगर, दिल्ली – [Section 8(1)(j); Appointment, Service Book]
- CIC Decision dated 22.03.2016 on Appeal filed by Shri Rameshwar Das Bhankhar Vs. Kendrya Vidyalaya Sansthan, N. Delhi – CIC: “The appellant had sought information about a post in computer science, qualifications required for the Post of PG Teacher, copy of rules, whether the candidates, who secured the degree through distance education are eligible, etc. This is the information which the Public Authority is under obligation to voluntarily disclose under Section 4(1)(b) of the RTI Act and place the same in the web site.” [Sections 4(1)(b) and 20; Appointment]
- CIC Decision dated 12.03.2016 on Appeal filed by Shri Hemant Dhage Vs. Department of Legal Affairs, Govt. of India, New Delhi – The CIC, inter-alia, decided: “33. ….. the Commission declares that the office of the Minister for Law as public authority under Section 2(h) of Right to Information Act, and under Section 19(8)(a)(ii) require the Government of India to appoint a Central Public Information Officer to answer the information requests of the citizen and publish the information as per Section 4(1)(b) including facility of meeting people.
34. The Commission strongly recommends to implement the recommendations of NCRWC, Second ARC and replace the ‘oath of secrecy’ with ‘oath of transparency” so that the Minister will respect the right to information of the citizen, which was passed by the Parliament and considered as fundamental right intrinsic in Article 19(1)(a) of the Constitution, and be answerable/accountable to the citizens.” [Sections 2(h), 4(1)(b), 8(1), 8(2), 19(8) and 22; Appointment with Minister]
- CIC Decision dated 10.03.2016 on Appeal filed by Nirmal Kanta Vs. Laxmi Bai College, Delhi University – [Sections 4(1)(b), 8(1)(a) and (j) and 20; Civil/Building Works, DI]
- CIC Decision dated 08.03.2016 on Appeal filed by Shri Bipin Kumar Vs. Bhakra Beas Management Board, Nangal – CIC: “… without commenting upon the merits of the present appeal, the Commission deems it expedient to set aside the order dated 10.07.2014 passed by the first appellate authority of BBMB. It is directed that the FAA shall decide the first appeal afresh after affording an opportunity of hearing to the appellant.” (First Appellate Authority, Burden of Proof)
- CIC Decision dated 07.03.2016 on Appeal filed by Shri P. Muruesan, Turicorin Vs. Tuticorin Port Trust – [Section 8(1)(j)]
>>> CIC Decisions
May 24, 2016
Hyderabad: The Public Information Officer (PIO) of Osmania University was fined Rs 25,000 on Monday, for “non compliance” of Telangana Information Commission’s orders and for his failure to provide information to the appellant even after six months. …
May 15, 2016|
Gurgaon: The chief information commissioner of Haryana has imposed a penalty of Rs 25,000 on estate officer-II of Huda, Gurgaon for delaying a piece of information sought under the RTI Act for over 11 months. …
You may like to click on any of the following links:-
Latest DOPT / CVC / RTI / MOF / CGHS / DPE Orders/Circulars.
Right to Information Circulars/Orders
Decisions of Central Information Commission – Section-Wise
CGHS Circulars/Empanelled Hospitals/Package Rates
Public Sector Enterprises Service Rules
Verification of SC/ST/OBC Caste Status or Claims of SCs, STs and OBCs
Apr 17, 2016
Hyderabad: The Right to Information Act (RTI) has been enacted with a lofty goal of ensuring transparency and accountability in the working of every public authority and is considered a powerful instrument in the hands of citizens to expose corruption.
Apr 6, 2016
NEW DELHI: The Central Information Commission has directed the environment ministry to share a copy of the bio-safety document related to genetically-modified mustard and the raw data of studies with the caveat that provisions of the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety as well as confidentiality should be kept in mind. …
March 15, 2016
New Delhi: In a major procedural change, the Central Information Commission has done away with the mandatory provision of sending signed hard copy of appeals through post even though the appellant approached it online. …
Mar 13, 2016
NEW DELHI: Ministers in the Union and state cabinets are “public authorities” liable to answer public questions addressed to them under the Right to Information Act, the Central Information Commission has ruled. …
February 28, 2016
State Information Commissioner Ravinder Singh Nagi has issued a show-cause notice to the District Education Officer (Secondary) for not providing the information to the appellant Hardeep Singh, a resident of Dabwali Road area, sought under the Right to Information (RTI) Act. …
Feb 16, 2016
Delhi and Bombay high courts, however, mention on their judgements both dates—on which judgement was reserved and when judgement was delivered
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday confirmed a Delhi high court verdict which said the court registry couldn’t be directed to collect information on how long judgements on cases remained pending under the Right to Information Act. …
Feb 15, 2016
Should a government department spend Rs 27 to get an RTI applicant to pay a fee of Rs 8?
Yes, said chief information commissioner RK Mathur in a controversial decision this week, overruling a “common sense” decision delivered by his predecessor, Satyananda Mishra. …
In a warning to the RTI applicant, Acharyulu said, “The Commission records its admonition against the appellant for misuse of RTI against the school child and warns him against such misuse in future.
January 26, 2016
The Commission admonished the principal of RD Public School and Central Public Information Officer (CPIO) of Directorate of Education (DoE) of Delhi government for disclosing information about a student to his relatives who had a dispute with the student’s family. …
RTI activist Commodore Lokesh Batra had filed an RTI request seeking data on the number of judgments reserved and kept pending between 2007-09.
The Delhi High Court on Thursday set aside the order of its single judge bench that had required the Supreme Court registry to provide information under the RTI Act on the pending cases in the apex court on which orders had been reserved. …
New Delhi | Jan 03, 2016
Email IDs of all government officials cannot be provided under the Right to Information Act as it could cause a serious security threat, the Central Information Commission has ruled. …
Note:- It may be noted that the information in this website is subject to the Disclaimer of Dtf.in. If you have a complaint with respect to any content published in this website, it may kindly be brought to our notice for appropriate action to remove such content as early as possible or publish the latest/updated content/event, if any, at info[at]dtf.in.