Government plans to introduce quota for faculty at IIMs
Are meritorious SC, OBCs being short-changed?
Supreme Court: 3 per cent quota for disabled must in all posts
tate not bound to give reservation in promotion to SC,ST: Supreme Court
Nitish Kumar keeps election promise, rolls out 35 percent reservation for women
Go to NEWS.
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs) on the issue of residence/domicile and caste/tribe certificates * DoPT letter dated 06.05.2016 – Issue of SC/ST/Residence Certificate in School * DoPT O.M. dated 31.03.2016- Validity period of OBC certificate in respect of ‘creamy layer’ status of the candidates * DOPT O.M. dated 17.11.2015 – Posting of Government employees who have differently abled dependents-reg. >>> Reservation for SCs/STs
- DoPT Circular dated 11.03.2016- Scheme for providing facilities to the employees with disabilities of Department of Personnel & Training * DoPT O.M. dated 20.10.2015-Data on the representation of OBCs in Central Govt. Services-Meeting taken by Parl. Committee on Welfare of OBCs held on 14.10.2015 >>> Reservation for OBCs and PWDs
- SC: “… … we declare the impugned memoranda as illegal and inconsistent with the 1995 Act. We further direct the Government to extend three percent reservation to PWD in all IDENTIFIED POSTS in Group A and Group B, irrespective of the mode of filling up of such posts.” – SC Judgment dated 30.06.2016 – Rajeev Kumar Gupta & Others Vs. Union of India & Others * Benefits of Reservation on Reconversion – SC: “… we are inclined to hold that the appellant after reconversion had come within the fold of the community and thereby became a member of the scheduled caste.” – SC Judgment dated 26.02.2015 – K.P. Manu Vs. Chairman, Scrutiny Committee for Verification of Community Certificate >>> Court Judgements on Service Matters
Sep 16, 2016
AHMEDABAD: Union HRD Ministry has proposed to introduce reservation in teaching positions at Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) and will hold talks with the chiefs of these premier B-schools in this regard. …
You may like to click on any of the following links:-
* Latest DOPT / CVC / RTI / MOF / CGHS / DPE Circulars/Orders
* Reservation for SCs/STs/OBCs/PWDs/Minorities
* Vigilance Clearance
* Right to Information (RTI) – Rules/ Notifications/Circulars
* Decisions of Central Information Commission – Section-Wise
Jul 29, 2016
NEW DELHI: The national commission for SCs is examining if the Centre is using the concessions given to Dalits and backwards to appear in examinations as the basis to classify them as “reserved candidates” irrespective of merit. …
July 04, 2016
The court was ruling on two petitions which challlenged this policy in recruitment to state-run Prasar Bharati. S K Rungta, the only visually impaired senior counsel in the country, led the legal challenge.
QUASHING THE central government’s earlier orders on restricting reservation for the differently-abled in promotion to Group A and Group B posts, the Supreme Court has ruled that three per cent reservation shall be provided to them in all posts and services under the Government of India. …
Mar 11, 2016
The state is not duty-bound to give reservation in promotion to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe employees, the Supreme Court said on Friday. …
February 10, 2016
Congress leader Digvijay Singh today backed reservation in private sector jobs for candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes (OBCs), but advised the Centre to take corporates into confidence before acting on a central panel’s recommendation in this regard. …
Jan 20, 2016
In the latest decision, the government said, the 35 per cent reservation extended to women on posts of police constable would now be extended to cover other state government vacancies, too. …
Jan 6, 2016
NEW DELHI: The government on Tuesday took an important step to improve gender equality in the paramilitary by approving reservation of 33% women at the constable rank in two major central paramilitary forces CRPF and CISF and also setting a 15% quota in the border forces BSF, SSB and ITBP. …
Dec 26, 2015
CHENNAI: More than two decades after implementation of Mandal commission report, which mandates 27 percent reservation for OBCs in central government jobs, an RTI data shows that less than 12 percent of employees of central government ministries, departments and statutory bodies are from other backward classes (OBCs) as on January 1, 2015. …
MPs, MLAs fall in OBC ‘creamy layer’, panel says Timesofindia.indiatimes.com
May 6, 2015
NEW DELHI: Children of past and present members of Parliament and state legislators should not be eligible for OBC reservations, the National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC) has recommended. …
Raise ‘creamy layer’ to Rs 10.5 lakh: OBC panel Timesofindia.indiatimes.com
May 5, 2015
NEW DELHI: The national commission for backward classes has asked the Centre to raise the ‘creamy layer’ criterion for OBCs from the present annual salary of Rs 6 lakh to Rs 10.50 lakh. …
Ensure SC, ST reservation in empanelment of babus: Par panel Business-standard.com
April 30, 2015
Dismayed over the dismal representation of SC and ST officers in top echelon of the bureaucracy, a parliamentary committee today asked the government to make mandatory reservation in empanelment in the secretary-level appointments. …
Submission of Fake Caste Certificates
New Delhi, April 22, 2015
Information about appointments secured on the basis of fake/false caste certificates is not centrally maintained.
However, the Central Government had undertaken a one-time exercise to collect information about appointments secured on the basis of fake/false caste certificates in the year 2010. As per information received from various Ministries/Departments etc. 1832 appointments were allegedly secured on the basis of fake/false caste certificates. Disciplinary proceedings had been instituted in all the cases. It was reported that out of the above 1832 cases, 276 had resulted in suspension/removal etc, whereas 521 cases were entangled into litigations and in remaining 1035 cases disciplinary proceedings were pending.
The Government instructions provide that an appointing authority should verify the caste status of SC/ST/OBC candidates at the time of initial appointment as well as at the time of promotion.
Chief Secretaries of States/Union Territories have been requested to issue instructions to the District Magistrates/ District Collectors/ Deputy Commissioners of the Districts to the effect that when asked to verify the veracity etc. of caste certificates, they should ensure at their own level that veracity of the caste/community certificate referred to the district authorities is verified and reported to the appointing authority within one month of receipt of request from such authority. In order to rule out collusion between candidates holding false/forged certificate and employees at the district level or sub-district level, disciplinary proceedings may be initiated against officers who default in timely verification of caste status in such cases or issue false certificates.
This was stated by the Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions and Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office Dr. Jitendra Singh in a written reply to a question by Shri Rattan Lal Kataria in the Lok Sabha today.
(Source: pib press release)
24 years later, fake claim costs man his job Timesofindia.indiatimes.com
Mar 19, 2015
AHMEDABAD: Ishwar Baviskar’s caste certificate obtained on basis of fake caste claim got him a job with Nadiad municipality over two decades ago. But his enthusiasm for using atrocity laws against politicians and colleagues has proved to be his undoing. …
Hindu reconvert gets SC benefits Economictimes.indiatimes.com
27 Feb, 2015
NEW DELHI: In a ruling that would stoke the debate over religious conversion and reconversion, the Supreme Court on Thursday ordered that a Christian who reconverted to Hinduism be given back his Scheduled Caste benefits. …
Note:- It may be noted that the information in this website is subject to the Disclaimer of Dtf.in. However, if you have a complaint with respect to any content published in this website, it may kindly be brought to our notice for appropriate action to remove such content as early as possible or publish the latest/updated content/event, if any, at info[at]dtf.in.