All physical contact not harassment: Delhi HC
Court acquits rape accused, says no one discusses men’s dignity and honour
90 days paid leave for victims of sexual harassment
Officials accused of sexual harassment entitled to get copy of complaint
Go to NEWS.
- Delhi High Court: “15. Undoubtedly, physical contact or advances would constitute sexual harassment provided such physical contact is a part of the sexually determined behaviour. Such physical contact must be in the context of a behaviour which is sexually oriented. Plainly, a mere accidental physical contact, even though unwelcome, would not amount to sexual harassment. Similarly, a physical contact which has no undertone of a sexual nature and is not occasioned by the gender of the complainant may not necessarily amount to sexual harassment.
16. … … Plainly, all physical contact cannot be termed as sexual harassment and only a physical contact or advances which are in the nature of an “unwelcome sexually determined behaviour” would amount to sexual harassment.” – Delhi HC Judgement dated 31.10.2017 – Shanta Kumar Vs. Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) & Ors. – Delhi HC Judgement dated 31.10.2017 – Shanta Kumar Vs. Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) & Ors. >>> Court Judgements On Service Matters
- DoPT O.M. dated 14.07.2016-Implementation of leave provision under the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition & Redressal) Act, 2013 * DoPT O.M. dated 11.07.2016 – Prevention of Sexual Harassment of working women at workplace – Seniority of the Chairperson of the Complaint Committee-reg. * DoPT O.M. dated 02.06.2016 – CCS (Conduct) Rules, 1964 – Guidelines regarding prevention of sexual harassment of women at the workplace-regarding * DoPT Corrigendum dated 30.07.2015 – Steps for conducting inquiry in case of allegation of Sexual Harassment >>> Prevention of Sexual Harassment – Orders/Circulars
Nov 3, 2017
NEW DELHI: Unwelcome or accidental physical contact without undertones of a sexual nature doesn’t amount to sexual harassment, the Delhi high court has ruled.
Upholding the clean chit given to a former CRRI scientist with regard to a complaint of an ex-colleague against him, the HC said there should be context while defining a physical contact as sexual in nature. The woman scientist had challenged the clean chit given by the CRRI internal complaints panel to her colleague, whom she had accused of sexual harassment. …
Oct 31, 2017
NEW DELHI: While acquitting a rape accused recently, a court commented that no one discusses the “dignity and honour” of men, given that everyone is fighting for the rights, honour and dignity of women. Besides, it said, laws meant to protect women might be misused by women.
“Perhaps, now it’s the time to take a stand for men,” Nivedita Anil Sharma, special judge of POCSO Act court, said. She found several contradictions in the testimony of the complainant and her parents, pointing out the prosecution’s “miserable failure”. …
“It will come as a relief to the victims who undergo a lot of trauma while working in the office that too in the presence of the accused,” a senior DoPT official said.
July 17, 2016
Women central government employees who have filed complaints of sexual harassment can now get a paid leave of three months during the pendency of inquiry, the government has said. …
Dec 09, 2015
Accused government officials are entitled to get a copy of the complaint against them even if the allegations pertain to sexual harassment, the Central Information Commission has held. …
You may like to click on any of the following links:-
* Latest DOPT/CVC/RTI/MOF/CGHS/DPE Orders/Circulars; News
* Sexual Harassment – Govt. Orders/Circulars
* The Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013
* Vigilance Clearance
* Right to Information (RTI) – Rules/ Notifications/Circulars/Guidelines (Subject-Wise)
* Decisions of Central Information Commission – Section-Wise
* CGHS Circulars/Empanelled Hospitals/Package Rates
Note:- It may be noted that the information in this website is subject to the Disclaimer of Dtf.in. However, in case you have a complaint with respect to any content published in this website, it may kindly be brought to our notice for appropriate action to remove such content as early as possible or publish the latest/updated content/event, if any, at info[at]dtf.in.