Sexual harassment: Women can’t always be treated as innocent victims, says Delhi Court
Sexual relations due to deep love not rape, Bombay High Court says
Amala Paul shares new details on sexual harassment incident
Scientist fired for sexual harassment
Over 300 women in Hollywood launch campaign to fight sex abuse
Go to NEWS.
- Delhi High Court: “15. Undoubtedly, physical contact or advances would constitute sexual harassment provided such physical contact is a part of the sexually determined behaviour. Such physical contact must be in the context of a behaviour which is sexually oriented. Plainly, a mere accidental physical contact, even though unwelcome, would not amount to sexual harassment. Similarly, a physical contact which has no undertone of a sexual nature and is not occasioned by the gender of the complainant may not necessarily amount to sexual harassment.
16. … … Plainly, all physical contact cannot be termed as sexual harassment and only a physical contact or advances which are in the nature of an “unwelcome sexually determined behaviour” would amount to sexual harassment.” – Delhi HC Judgement dated 31.10.2017 – Shanta Kumar Vs. Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) & Ors. – Delhi HC Judgement dated 31.10.2017 – Shanta Kumar Vs. Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) & Ors. >>> Court Judgements On Service Matters
- DoPT O.M. dated 14.07.2016-Implementation of leave provision under the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition & Redressal) Act, 2013 * DoPT O.M. dated 11.07.2016 – Prevention of Sexual Harassment of working women at workplace – Seniority of the Chairperson of the Complaint Committee-reg. * DoPT O.M. dated 02.06.2016 – CCS (Conduct) Rules, 1964 – Guidelines regarding prevention of sexual harassment of women at the workplace-regarding * DoPT Corrigendum dated 30.07.2015 – Steps for conducting inquiry in case of allegation of Sexual Harassment >>> Prevention of Sexual Harassment – Orders/Circulars
July 16, 2018
Women can’t always be treated as “innocent gullible victims” in all the cases, a Delhi court said in a case where a women was found ‘lying’ about sexual harassment by her employer. Considering the growing trend of false FIRs of rape and other sexual crimes, the court noted that stereotyping women as “innocent gullible victims” in all scenarios is not correct and such false cases should be dealt with sternly. …
Apr 2, 2018
PANAJI: The Goa branch of the Bombay high court has recently held that a man cannot be convicted for rape for having sexual intercourse with a woman by “a misrepresentation of fact”, when there is evidence of “a deep love affair” between the two. ….
You may like to click on any of the following links:-
* Latest DOPT/CVC/RTI/MOF/CGHS/DPE Orders/Circulars; News
* Sexual Harassment – Govt. Orders/Circulars
* The Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013
* Vigilance Clearance
* Right to Information (RTI) – Rules/ Notifications/Circulars/Guidelines (Subject-Wise)
* Decisions of Central Information Commission – Section-Wise
* CGHS Circulars/Empanelled Hospitals/Package Rates
February 13, 2018
South Indian actor Amala Paul has issued a public statement in order to protect her manager Pradeep Kumar after a section of media reports suggested his hand in the sexual harassment incident faced by the actor. In the statement, she also revealed that the accused who approached her with ill-intentions was a member of an organised sex racket. Not just Amala’s, he also had all the information, including phone numbers of other actresses, who were part of the star show that happened earlier this month in Malaysia. …
Feb 12, 2018
New Delhi: A government institute here has fired a top Indian scientist leading a drug discovery effort after an inquiry panel probed allegations that he had sexually harassed a junior research scientist through language, behaviour, and physical advances.
The Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI) in Faridabad (Haryana), a laboratory under India’s department of biotechnology, has terminated the services of Kanury V.S. Rao, 59, the head of its Drug Discovery Research Centre (DDRC), officials with the institute’s governing body said. …
Jan 2, 2018
Hollywood women A-listers and actors launched an initiative to fight systemic sexual harassment in the film industry, months after Harvey Weinstein’s alleged sexual transgressions came to light. The new initiative, called Time’s Up, is being backed by prominent Hollywood women, including Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman, Margot Robbie Jennifer Aniston, Ashley Judd, America Ferrera, Natalie Portman, Emma Stone, Kerry Washington and hundreds others, according to reports. …
Nov 3, 2017
NEW DELHI: Unwelcome or accidental physical contact without undertones of a sexual nature doesn’t amount to sexual harassment, the Delhi high court has ruled.
Upholding the clean chit given to a former CRRI scientist with regard to a complaint of an ex-colleague against him, the HC said there should be context while defining a physical contact as sexual in nature. The woman scientist had challenged the clean chit given by the CRRI internal complaints panel to her colleague, whom she had accused of sexual harassment. …
Oct 31, 2017
NEW DELHI: While acquitting a rape accused recently, a court commented that no one discusses the “dignity and honour” of men, given that everyone is fighting for the rights, honour and dignity of women. Besides, it said, laws meant to protect women might be misused by women.
“Perhaps, now it’s the time to take a stand for men,” Nivedita Anil Sharma, special judge of POCSO Act court, said. She found several contradictions in the testimony of the complainant and her parents, pointing out the prosecution’s “miserable failure”. …
“It will come as a relief to the victims who undergo a lot of trauma while working in the office that too in the presence of the accused,” a senior DoPT official said.
July 17, 2016
Women central government employees who have filed complaints of sexual harassment can now get a paid leave of three months during the pendency of inquiry, the government has said. …
Dec 09, 2015
Accused government officials are entitled to get a copy of the complaint against them even if the allegations pertain to sexual harassment, the Central Information Commission has held. …
Note:- It may be noted that the information in this website is subject to the Disclaimer of Dtf.in. However, in case you have a complaint with respect to any content published in this website, it may kindly be brought to our notice for appropriate action to remove such content as early as possible or publish the latest/updated content/event, if any, at info[at]dtf.in.