City RTI activist wins DoB in Aadhaar card battle
Info panel fines ex-corporation engineer
Central Information Commission does away with need of hard copies for online appeals
Ministers are answerable under RTI Act, Central Information Commission says
SIC issues show-cause notice to DEO
Supreme Court dismisses plea for information on pending judgements under RTI Act
Go to NEWS.
- CIC Decision dated 12.03.2016 on Appeal filed by Shri Hemant Dhage Vs. Department of Legal Affairs, Govt. of India, New Delhi – The CIC, inter-alia, decided: “33. ….. the Commission declares that the office of the Minister for Law as public authority under Section 2(h) of Right to Information Act, and under Section 19(8)(a)(ii) require the Government of India to appoint a Central Public Information Officer to answer the information requests of the citizen and publish the information as per Section 4(1)(b) including facility of meeting people.
34. The Commission strongly recommends to implement the recommendations of NCRWC, Second ARC and replace the ‘oath of secrecy’ with ‘oath of transparency” so that the Minister will respect the right to information of the citizen, which was passed by the Parliament and considered as fundamental right intrinsic in Article 19(1)(a) of the Constitution, and be answerable/accountable to the citizens.” [Sections 2(h), 4(1)(b), 8(1), 8(2), 19(8) and 22; Appointment with Minister]
- CIC Decision dated 10.03.2016 on Appeal filed by Nirmal Kanta Vs. Laxmi Bai College, Delhi University – [Sections 4(1)(b), 8(1)(a) and (j) and 20; Civil/Building Works, DI]
- CIC Decision dated 08.03.2016 on Appeal filed by Shri Bipin Kumar Vs. Bhakra Beas Management Board, Nangal – CIC: “… without commenting upon the merits of the present appeal, the Commission deems it expedient to set aside the order dated 10.07.2014 passed by the first appellate authority of BBMB. It is directed that the FAA shall decide the first appeal afresh after affording an opportunity of hearing to the appellant.” (First Appellate Authority, Burden of Proof)
- CIC Decision dated 07.03.2016 on Appeal filed by Shri P. Muruesan, Turicorin Vs. Tuticorin Port Trust – [Section 8(1)(j)]
>>> CIC Decisions
Mar 24, 2016
Nagpur: City-based RTI activist has won over a three-year battle against Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) authorities for inclusion of date of birth in Aadhaar cards. …
Mar 22, 2016
CHENNAI: In two strongly-worded orders last month, a retired Executive Engineer (EE) of Chennai Corporation was fined 50,000 by the Tamil Nadu Information Commission for trying to evade giving information under the RTI Act. …
You may like to click on any of the following links:-
* RTI – Rules/Orders/Circulars
* RTI – Rules/Orders/Circulars (Subject-Wise)
* Selected CIC Decisions
* CIC Decisions (Section-Wise)
* CIC Decisions (Subject-Wise)
* Latest DOPT / CVC / RTI / MOF / CGHS / DPE Orders/Circulars.
* Vigilance Clearance
* Verification of SC/ST/OBC Caste Status or Claims of SCs, STs and OBCs
March 15, 2016
New Delhi: In a major procedural change, the Central Information Commission has done away with the mandatory provision of sending signed hard copy of appeals through post even though the appellant approached it online. …
Mar 13, 2016
NEW DELHI: Ministers in the Union and state cabinets are “public authorities” liable to answer public questions addressed to them under the Right to Information Act, the Central Information Commission has ruled. …
February 28, 2016
State Information Commissioner Ravinder Singh Nagi has issued a show-cause notice to the District Education Officer (Secondary) for not providing the information to the appellant Hardeep Singh, a resident of Dabwali Road area, sought under the Right to Information (RTI) Act. …
Feb 16, 2016
Delhi and Bombay high courts, however, mention on their judgements both dates—on which judgement was reserved and when judgement was delivered
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday confirmed a Delhi high court verdict which said the court registry couldn’t be directed to collect information on how long judgements on cases remained pending under the Right to Information Act. …
Feb 15, 2016
Should a government department spend Rs 27 to get an RTI applicant to pay a fee of Rs 8?
Yes, said chief information commissioner RK Mathur in a controversial decision this week, overruling a “common sense” decision delivered by his predecessor, Satyananda Mishra. …
In a warning to the RTI applicant, Acharyulu said, “The Commission records its admonition against the appellant for misuse of RTI against the school child and warns him against such misuse in future.
January 26, 2016
The Commission admonished the principal of RD Public School and Central Public Information Officer (CPIO) of Directorate of Education (DoE) of Delhi government for disclosing information about a student to his relatives who had a dispute with the student’s family. …
RTI activist Commodore Lokesh Batra had filed an RTI request seeking data on the number of judgments reserved and kept pending between 2007-09.
The Delhi High Court on Thursday set aside the order of its single judge bench that had required the Supreme Court registry to provide information under the RTI Act on the pending cases in the apex court on which orders had been reserved. …
New Delhi | Jan 03, 2016
Email IDs of all government officials cannot be provided under the Right to Information Act as it could cause a serious security threat, the Central Information Commission has ruled. …
RBI, commercial banks can’t hide names of defaulters under RTI, says Supreme Court
17 Dec, 2015
NEW DELHI: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and commercial banks cannot hide routine information, such as the names of top defaulters, the losses suffered by banks and details of action taken against erring banks, sought by the public under the Right to Information Act, the Supreme Court ruled on Wednesday. …
Dec 14, 2015
Now, to avoid inordinate delays, the court sets 45-day limit to the second appeal too
The verdict over denial of information in a curious case of an RTI application seeking information on the cost of prime minister Narendra Modi’s campaign trail as prime ministerial candidate during 2014 polls, cost incurred on his air travel using chartered flights, and his canvassing costs, has given a new fillip to RTI activism in the state. RTI has been bogged down by inordinate delays and indefinite dates to hear cases. …
Note:- If you have a complaint with respect to any content published in this website, it may kindly be brought to our notice for appropriate action to remove such content as early as possible or publish the latest/updated content/event, if any, at info[at]dtf.in.