Provide footage recorded during RAS mains to candidate: Rajasthan Information Commission
Central Information Commissioner to Have Same Status as CEC, Babus Not Only Ones Fit For Post: SC
Provide footage recorded during RAS mains to candidate: Rajasthan Information Commission
BMC sexual harassment case: Info panel directs to give details to applicant
Dept action ordered against 7 ward inspectors
Disclose corruption complaints against serving ministers: Central Information Commission to PMO
Can get information under RTI despite other laws: High Court
Go to NEWS.
- CIC Decision dated 15.01.2019 on the Appeal filed by Mr. Kantilal B. Chavda v. CPIO, Central University of Gujarat, Gandhinagar, Gujarat – CIC: “Keeping in view the facts of the case and the submissions made by the Respondent, the Commission advises the Vice Chancellor / Registrar of the Respondent Public Authority to suo motu disclose the information as narrated in the preceding paragraphs in the public domain in accordance with the provisions of Section 4 of the RTI Act, 2005 for ease and convenience of the stakeholders at large so that the public need not resort to the RTI mechanism for seeking such information as outlined in the aforesaid Court judgements.” [Sections 4, 8(1)(g); Purchase, Supplier/Vendor, Recruitment, Tender, University]
- CIC Decision dated 10.01.2019 on the Complaint filed by Shri S.S. Chawla v. Director,CPIO, Central Vigilance Commission, New Delhi – CIC: “Now, the submissions of the CPIO are not refuted that no timeline is specified in the CVC Act, 2003; however, the guidelines issued by CVC as discussed above does stipulate a time frame to all public authorities and these guidelines do not anywhere suggest indemnity to CVC itself from adhering to those timelines.
xxx xxx A copy of this order is marked to the Secretary, Central Vigilance Commission to look into the aspect of inordinate delay in completing enquiry/investigation by CVC and take corrective
action as deemed fit.” [Complaint, Inquiry, CVC]
- CIC Decision dated 24.12.2018 – Mr. R.S. Rai v. CPIO, Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan, Jabalpur – CIC: “The Appellant could not substantiate his claims regarding mala fide denial of information by the Respondent or for withholding it without any reasonable cause.” [Sections 2(f), 20; Leave Record, Result Analysis]
- CIC Decision dated 21.12.2018 on the Appeal filed by Shri Sounder Rajan v. CPIO, IDBI Bank Limited, Mumbai – CIC: The Commission, however, notes that the Notice for Hearing served upon the appellant was returned undelivered to the Commission with the remark “Deceased”. In view of the death of the appellant and the Commission’s Circular F. No.2/Management regulation2007/CIC-MR dated 18.06.2018, the Commission directs the respondent to publish the information sought vide point nos. 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 of the RTI application, as per the available records, suo-motu on their website …..” [Sec. 2(f), 4, 20; FD Account]
- CIC Decision dated 19.12.2018 – Nirmal Singh Dhiman v. CPIO, Deptt. of Ex-Servicemen, New Delhi – CIC: “In the event, the averred letters and corresponding noting(s) remain untraceable, Commission directs the CPIO to file an appropriate affidavit to this effect stating the efforts made in tracing out the information and the factum of non-receipt of letters and unavailability of file noting(s). The said affidavit should be sent to the Commission with its copy duly endorsed to the Appellant.” [Section 2(f); File Notings]
Feb 6, 2019
In an important decision that is a statement on the Rajasthan Public Service Commission’s (RPSC) approach towards transparency in its examination system; the Rajasthan Information Commission has ordered RPSC to provide the video recording of the RAS 2016 mains exams of a particular centre. The appellant had claimed that he wanted to bring forth cheating done during the exam. …
A two-judge bench of Justices AK Sikri and Abdul Nazeer said that the selection for Information Commissioners, appointed under RTI act, should not be limited to bureaucrats and candidates from a range of professions and experience should be considered.
February 15, 2019
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday in a landmark verdict ruled that Central Information Commissioner should have the same status as that of Chief Election Commissioner, thwarting the Centre’s bid to bring it under its ambit. …
In an important decision that is a statement on the Rajasthan Public Service Commission’s (RPSC) approach towards transparency in its examination system; the Rajasthan Information Commission has ordered RPSC to provide the video recording of the RAS 2016 mains exams of a particular centre. The appellant had claimed that he wanted to bring forth cheating done during the exam.
You may like to click on any of the following links:-
Selected Decisions of Central Information Commission (CIC) * RTI Rules/Orders * RTI – Court Judgments * Latest DOPT/CVC/RTI/MOF/CGHS/DPE Orders/Circulars * Latest Department of Personnel & Training (DOPT)/DPPW Orders/Circulars * Latest Ministry of Finance Orders/Circulars * Deptt. of Public Enterprises (DPE) Circulars * Vigilance Clearance and Vigilance Clearance Certificate * Vigilance Related GOI/CVC Orders/Circulars * Decisions of Central Information Commission – Section-Wise * CGHS Circulars/Empanelled Hospitals/Package Rates * Reserve Bank of India (RBI) – Circulars & Master Circulars (Subject-Wise)
Dec 24, 2018
The state information commission (SIC) in its interim orders has directed the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) to provide information to an applicant on action taken on a complaint she had made against an additional municipal commissioner. She had accused an additional municipal commissioner of sexual and mental harassment. …
Nov 12, 2018
AHMEDABAD: In a rare instance of punitive action, the Gujarat information commission (GIC) has recommended departmental action against seven ward inspectors in the posh West Zone area for delay in providing information under RTI Act. …
21st October 2018
NEW DELHI: The Central Information Commission has directed the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) to disclose complaints of corruption received against Union ministers between 2014 and 2017 and action taken on them.
Chief Information Commissioner Radha Krishna Mathur, while deciding a plea of Indian Forest Service officer Sanjiv Chaturvedi, also directed the PMO to share information about the quantum and value of black money brought back from abroad during the tenure of the Narendra Modi dispensation, along with records of efforts made in this direction. …
October 19, 2018
More than a decade after the Right to Information (RTI) Act came into existence, the Punjab and Haryana High Court has interpreted its scope to make it clear that even a death certificate can be obtained under the social welfare legislation. An applicant can obtain information under the Act even when a system is in place under another statute or law. …
Differently-Abled Not To Be Deprived Of Benefits Of RTI Act: SC Directs Authorities To Explore Advanced Technology To Make Information Accessible To Them
Sep 30, 2018 : Dtf.in
Hon’ble Supreme Court, in its judgment dated 27.09.2018, has ruled as under:-
“… …. we are disposed to think that no further direction needs to be issued except granting liberty to the petitioner to submit a representation to the competent authority pointing out any other mode(s) available for getting information under the Act. If such a representation is submitted, the same shall be dealt not only with sympathy but also with concern and empathy. We say so as differently abled persons, which include visually impaired persons, should have the functional facility to receive such information as permissible under the Act. They should not be deprived of the benefit of such a utility. As indicated in the beginning, the information makes one empowered. Additionally, we think it appropriate to ask the authorities to explore any kind of advanced technology that has developed in the meantime so that other methods can be introduced. We are absolutely sure that if the petitioner would point out, the cognizance of the same shall be taken. We are also certain that the authority shall, with all sincerity and concern, explore further possibilities with the available on-line application/mechanism.”
Sep 11, 2018
Times of India
Read more at: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/serial-rti-applicant-warned-for-misuse-of-information-act/articleshow/65761329.cms?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=TOIDesktop
Sep 10, 2018
The State Information Commission (SIC) has awarded a compensation of Rs 10,000 to an applicant after a Public Information Officer (PIO) repeatedly failed to attend the hearing. …
See more RTI News at: RTI NEWS
Note:- It may be noted that the information in this website is subject to the Disclaimer of Dtf.in. If you have a complaint with respect to any content published in this website, it may kindly be brought to our notice for appropriate action to remove such content as early as possible or publish the latest/updated content/event, if any, at info[at]dtf.in.